Monday, July 25, 2005

Karl Rove Captured!


Man, went to the beach and STILL could not get away from politics…crap!

Tossed out a couple chunks of bloody mullet, and we caught Karl Rove. We noticed a large amount of blood dripping from his mouth once we untangled and removed the double rig. We threw him back in the ocean wondering if the other sharks would smell the blood and attack, tearing and ripping Rove to shreds. But alas, we cannot see into the ocean and will have to wait until the investigation is complete.

Personally, I think the blood was not enough to warrant other sharks of similiar species to attack. Plus, this particular shark appears to be a fast swimmer and possibly smart enough to hide amongst other larger 'protective' sharks that have no interest in devouring him and may actually enjoy the bloody odor he puts off in that it will attract other sharks for them to play with, or eat.

Other than that, hot and sunny. Taught my nephews and niece how to build drip castles which entertained them until we pulled Rove out of the water.

A little later on the tide began to recede and the waves became rather large. Myself and two of the boys played in the surf dodging waves and trying to stay on our feet. That was pretty fun being a kid with them. The five year old got tossed off his feet and went under the boiling surf for a few seconds. Terrified he ran to shore, a whole 10 feet, and looked around spitting and wiping his eyes. Once he realized that all was safe, he laughed hysterically and charged right back in.

The adults imbibed various toxins and played Hearts after the children went to bed. We keep the score ongoing, as in a lifetime game. It’s kind of a ritual for my sister, her husband and me. We play just about every weekend and every weekend my dominance continues as if it were Le Tour and I was Armstrong. The gap just keeps getting larger and larger, and then I feel bad and try to shoot the moon knowing I can’t just so I’ll get some points and they won’t be so far behind. (reading this dear sister?) She says I trash talk too much, but can’t imagine where she gets that. (still reading sis?)

The sound and smell of the ocean is one of the most therapeutic things in the world for me, and probably a lot of other people as well. It was a great time hangin' with sis and her brood of scorpions.

It was way too short of a time for sure, always is.

5 Opinions:

Blogger Cassie Schoon speaks!

Nah, that creature is far too cute to be Karl Rove.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

Yeah, It's people like me that lend to giving sharks a bad name. We caught two other sharks that were less than a foot long, talk about cute, they looked like toys!

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous speaks!

You cannot reign forever in the Hearts Domain! My day will come! And besides- I can shoot the moon better than you! Until we meet again....

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous speaks!

hearts, eh? spades used to be my big thing, but i've "shot the moon" on many dull train rides before!

i know what you mean about the ocean. i read all of bruce campbell's novel this weekend near santa cruz, and it did my heart good.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

Oh Scorpion Breeder...

You shoot that moon only because I let you. MWA HA HA HA HAAAAA.

Curious as to what Rustoleum's take is on my Hearts dominance, since every time he get's close he gets squashed like a bug. :)

Pepper mentions Spades, kind of Hearts in reverse. Perhaps once your Heart(s) has been bled dry, we'll get ugly with each other with that game!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home