Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Silver Lining Where are You?

Feeling pretty low lately.

The world view is not looking all that positive, and I keep telling myself we will persist and triumph, but some days I just don't know.

That's where the giant cup of Expresso roast comes into play, I feel better already. Mabye not so much better as fired up to do something, but what exactly?

Registered for school yesterday, pretty soon it's work all day, school all night. Was able to schedule 9 credits inside of 3 nights, the schedule I have been dreaming of. I almost bit off another class but that would leave me virtually no time to do anything, much less homework.

As it stands now, Tues - Wed - Thurs nights from 6 pm to 10 pm, English Lit., statistics, and U.S. History. Sometimes I think I will be in school forever but that's really not a bad thing as far as I am concerned. Can't wait for the day when I reach that tenured liberal professor status, indoctrinating young conservative students in to leftist drones, teaching them how to hate America and capitalism...or just teaching young minds how to think critically, to always question, to think. To some on the right, that is the same thing.

My little urban garden is providing quite the harvest even though we are in drought conditions here. We had a nice deluge from the remnants of Cindy, and we may get some thunder-boomers from Dennis, but overall it's looking pretty dry here. Despite that, and the fact that I'm not watering my garden, I am able to harvest 2 to 4 zukes a day, along with a colander of snaps and a handful of tomatoes. No peppers as of yet, and one Thai plant bit the dust; big gust of wind snapped it at the ground. I took all the peppers off of that plant (about 15 or so) and mixed them in with the green beans. Now there's a pleasant surprise...

For an interesting twist on T.V. reality shows, head on over to World O' Crap for Wingnut Survivor, it may provide a spot of humor during these unfunny times.

Speaking of which, please check in with recidivist journals for ongoing commentary from London. Recid's attitude and the attitude of Londoners in general are great examples of human resiliency in the face of an enemy of mankind.

Shakespeare's Sister will be keeping us up to date on Rove's big mouth and The Downing Street Memo's.

Me: treading water and trying to keep a smile! I'm back on the bikes after a terrible accident and two year hiatus/recovery period. Watching Armstrong go for the seventh victory is motivating no matter what your hobbies are.

Spent some time as a messenger, have a few stories there to tell...

4 Opinions:

Blogger not in use speaks!

mmmmmmmmmm .... indoctrination.

I like !!

7:18 PM  
Blogger not in use speaks!

Oh ... and sorry, but I’m rooting for Rasmussen to crush Armstrong in the mountains ;)

6:19 AM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

Rasmussen is a former mtn. bike racer, so he has my full respect. He is no match for Armstrong in the Tour though.

There are a lot of complexities in road racing that most people just don't get, and it's a completely different world than mountain biking.

I hope Armstrong wins his 7th, in an earned fashion, and then retires.

So far it appears racers are gunning for him and he will have to earn this victory.

No better way to go IMHO.

12:28 PM  
Blogger not in use speaks!

Having followed every stage of the Tour for the last 23 years, either in person or on tv, I think I just about have a grasp of those complexities by now ;)

Armstrong can only win with a strong team behind him and (with the exception of the team time trial) they have been far from convincing until today .. when Armstrong himself couldn't deliver.

Rasmussen is a mountain man and is used to flying solo. WAY too soon to write him off :P

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home