Wednesday, July 27, 2005

'Turd Blossom' Reality Not Acceptable

Just a piece of the article, which can be found here;

"Given that I'm writing for a general audience, I try not to use crude or vulgar language gratuitously," replied Trudeau, after E&P e-mailed him several questions this afternoon. "But in this case, I felt that [President] Bush's nickname for Rove was illuminating. 'Turd blossom' has so many connotations,
none of them flattering. It's a small masterpiece of nastiness."
Comic strip can be seen here.

Check out the article. I agree with Trudeau’s view that if a paper wants to drop the comic strip for what they consider inappropriate material, fine.

But altering the strip and representing it as what Trudeau sent is unacceptable.

(Thanks to Mark N. for the tip.)

In other news regarding the recent London events, visit recidivist journals for up to the minute info and complete commentary from someone that lives in the middle of it all. Recidivist links up to other informative sources as well, and you're gonna get more than just commentary about London, so be ready.

Other unimportant news; The Pepper Farm keeps bouncing between Flappy Bird and Adorable Rodent in the TTLB Ecosystem. Growing up as a little swamp boy naturalist and pursuing a minor in biology, I find it rather amusing.

7 Opinions:

Blogger Cassie Schoon speaks!

You're already an adorable rodent?! I seem to be stuck at slithering reptile.

Anyhoo, I find it amusing that the "Turd Blossom" nickname thing is deemed inappropriate by the papers. It's a term used by our fine upstanding, honest Christian Preznit, after all! Geez, I get the feeling that if most Bush voters actually DID have that "beer with the president" that is so often discussed, they'd find him to be a capricious, patrician, hyperactive little twit, a completely different character than the "steadfast cowboy" they have constructed in their minds.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

I'm only a Rodent because of the Big Brass Alliance. You should join Vestal, I mentioned it in one of your posts about that guy in your hood with the plastic balls he has on his truck.

And yeah, having a brew with the preznit might just make their heads explode, BUT, maybe not!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Cassie Schoon speaks!

What constitutes membership to the BBB? Do I have to sign over a firstborn or sell Amway or something?

4:40 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

Vestal,

Just head on over to the BBA via any blog that displays the logo, which I am currently attempting to get back on my Farm here.

Shakespeare's Sister is a good place to start. All you have to do is provide an email for confirmation and wham, you'll go from slithering reptile to Tyrannosaurus rex!

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous speaks!

BBB is cool - you also get action updates in just the right amount, maybe once a week for really big stuff. I also learned a lot about Haiti that I didn't know.

I think it's funny that people imagine drinking with the George II. Isn't he supposed to be a teetotaler?

2:45 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

Is being a teetotaler an after effect of being an alcholic? Binge drinker?

4:35 PM  
Blogger Dr. C speaks!

I am sorry, but the scenario of the President of the United States using language more appropriate for a grade school playground makes me very nervous. He's supposed to be the most important man on the planet. It dovetails into his bragging that he was only a "C" student at Yale. How in the name of Alaric did he get into Harvard? And, of course, however did he become the President. I realize money is powreful. But THAT powerful.

Sorry, it just goes from bad to worse.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home