Tuesday, February 07, 2006

A Little Hope

Over the last three weeks I have moved from one job to another. It has been in the works since early December and now I’m in the new gig. I have had zero time to post anything of substance but this story puts a bright spot where there has been only darkness.

Like the Doc, I’ve gotten tired of this administration raping our country and it has had a negative effect on me.

My 2006 resolution is to enjoy life more, to enjoy the journey.
It ain’t gonna be easy.

Back to the above mentioned story:

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - After 20 years in the Air Force and Bronze Star service during the 1991 Gulf War Democrat Jay Fawcett decided to come home and run for Congress, largely out of disgust with the way American troops were being used in
Iraq.


(snip)

Fawcett is part of a large and possibly unprecedented number of former soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines running for Congress this year. About 40 of the candidates are Republicans, while at least 55 are Democrats. By one count, at least 11 veterans of the Iraq war or Afghanistan are hoping to get elected to the House or Senate, all but one of them Democrats.

(snip)

"One of the things I think is behind this movement is, we're not stupid in the military. We know when we've been used and misused," Navy veteran Bill Winter, a Democrat who hopes to challenge GOP Rep. Tom Tancredo in the Republican suburbs of Denver. (I'm sure Vestal is happy about that)

(snip)

Former Sen. Max Cleland, D-Ga., who lost both legs and an arm while serving in Vietnam, said the Iraq war veterans running as Democrats will offer "a direct rebuttal" to the administration on the Iraq war.
"This administration, come April, will be going into the fourth year of this war after the president said three weeks into it `Major combat over, mission accomplished, bring them on,'" Cleland said. "You tell me who's out of touch. It's not these Iraqi veterans that are coming back and saying, `This is not the way it was on the ground there, and I'm going to do something to change this.'"



These guys have my support, all of my support. ,

2 Opinions:

Blogger oldwhitelady speaks!

They have my support, too.

Good luck on the new job.

10:26 PM  
Blogger Dr. C speaks!

Go for it RJ. Glad to see ya back.

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home