Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Today's Rant

Wow, It's been a week since the last post and it feels like only yesterday I was ranting and raving all over the place.

Hmm... Today's ranting is a little less inspired.

Did my usual lap around news sources and blogs and what not, nothing new to see. Same 'ol very stupid shit, different day.

The green beans have finally sprouted and most of 'em are about 2 inches tall. Yes, I drool over garden veggies. Veggies that come out of the back yard. Once those green beans get on a roll, I'll eat them every night for dinner.

The garden as a whole is coming along nicely. I have had a few battles with unseen critters and finally just deer netted the whole thing. I built a small fence and used chicken wire for that, and then laid deer netting across the top. I think next year I will just go ahead and build a greenhouse and use all chicken wire.

Anyway, I think the main culprits are starlings.
I watched one strut around the tomato plants ripping leaves off and dropping them on the ground. It appeared as though it was just damaging the plant because it wanted to.

I think that's what ate my squash plants when they popped up and ripped some of the leaves off of the Thai pepper plants.

Well, I could not shoot them all, so I built a big cage around my garden. They strut around the cage, and sometimes stick their beak in as far as it will go, but they cannot get to the green! Pretty soon I can take the cage down as the plants will be big enough to survive the starlings.

Visit the blogs on the blogroll for more entertainment and better reads, I'm just not up to quality ranting today.

3 Opinions:

Blogger Dr. C speaks!

Ever thing of the similarity between starling ripping leaves off your tomatoes and certain friends of ours ripping leaves off the Constitution?
Sorry, when the times are bad I have bad timing.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Dr. C speaks!

Ever think of the similarity between starlings ripping leaves off your tomatoes and certain friends of ours ripping leaves off the Constitution?
Sorry, when the times are bad I have bad timing.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

Gosh, not only do you rub salt in my daily depression, you do it twice!

Whew...feel the love.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home