Monday, June 20, 2005

More Schiavo

...as if we all haven't had enough.

Go here for commentary that is much more thought out and less vitriolic.

What can I say? Some days I am nothing less than discouraged and pissed off at what constitutes sheer idiocy in our society.
Heck, the world for that matter.

Family reunion this coming Sunday, and I'm fixing up a huge mess of grub.
Too bad if you're not in the family cuz here is what I'm making:
Crawfish Etouffee
Chicken and sausage gumbo (must have andouille sausage)
Seafood gumbo (I put oysters and alligator in mine)
Cajun BBQ Chicken (no link, my own recipe!)
Brown and red jambalaya
Fried Catfish (again, my recipe)
...and of course, corn bread.

No, not from New Orleans nor is any of my family, but we love the food and I happen to love making it and eating it. All of the recipes I linked to are fairly basic, and of course anyone that can find their way around the kitchen will improvise and experiment.

Luckily, there is a local seafood shop that carries all of the ingredients needed for such a food festival and I'll go drop about $200 bucks there about Wednesday.
We also have an Asian market that carries the freshest okra around.

There's more I'd like to make, but a lot of my familia can't handle food that is spicy.

Should be a good time.

I'll post a little update next week and hopefully it will not include a police report.

Have a great Monday everybody!

3 Opinions:

Blogger Cassie Schoon speaks!

mmm. etouffee.

my mom's side of the family has a lot of cajun so I think I'm geneticallly predisposed to that kind of food. And all other hot stuff from hot climates (brazilian food, indian food, thai food) . . .

11:54 AM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

"mmm, etouffee"

Very well put!

Thai food is probably my second fave. Long story cut very short: my Thai peppers came from a garden tended by the mom of the chef of the local Thai place.

On my third generation of plants and I cannot even begin to express how tasty those peppers are.

They're pretty freakin' hot too, like meltdown hot, but I do love the pepper buzz!

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous speaks!

oh, yummy. how wonderful! a site that combines the latest politics with some recipes. one-stop-shopping! (and, of course, we at the pepper must give a shout-out to the pepper farm!)

how did that catfish turn out? i used to live in the south, where the catfish was always perfect - and fried. but here in the west, you never find it fried. oh, i miss that good fried catfish so!

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home