Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Flabbergasm

Ok fine, 'flabbergasted' and 'orgasm' really don't go together in the context I am about to express.

So think bad sex.

I am flabbergasted, flabbergasted I say, at Bush's renunciation of Amnesty International's report on Bush's gulag, Guantanamo.

"It's absurd" Bush declares.

No, I'm not linking up a bunch of shit to support my view. It's everywhere you look.

Horowitz and his academic bill of rights, aka Affirmitive Action for whiny ass conservative students with persecution complexes.

Senate Republicans trying to rewrite every fucking rule they can to support their unprecedented grab for power.

Religous right-wing fundamentalists wanting to adopt frozen embryos. Yeah, that's for real.

Bush, suggesting that said embryo's ought to be adopted as opposed to being used for scientific research.

I live in America during a remarkably regressive time period. The reinvention of the Dark Ages.

Science is being ridiculed, creative design or intelligent design (read: creationism) is being touted as a viable alternate theory to evolution.

Religous conservatives and Republicans are in control of damn near everything and they are not happy about it. Perhaps they will never be happy but that's a topic for educated psychologists to debate.

Anybody out there feel good about the direction our country is headed?
Anybody that is except the Bush faithful that seem to think a frozen embryo is worth saving but fuck all those innocent Iraqi bystanders. (They're just collateral damage in the very just cause of shoving democracy down their throats in order to freeeee them)

I had trouble yesterday, Memorial Day. I thought about my grandfather, who served in Okinawa and the Korean War. He told some horrible stories. He told me Okinawa was the worst thing he had ever seen.
He died at the ripe old age of 65, but I tell you he had lived two lifetimes in his 65 years.

I thought about the guys in Iraq.

I thought about the Iraqi's being killed by our guys.

I wonder how Bush can reconcile war and the death of innocents with his anti-abortion/pro-life/freedom and liberty/religion is personal mantra's and viewpoints.

Whew, I'm full on negative today.

3 Opinions:

Blogger Dr. C speaks!

RJ, I continue to be encouraged by your activism. Why don't you send Shakespeare's Sister your blog address? There looks to be over 200 liberal blogs that have signed on. I think pressing this issue will at least stir some Americans out of their lethargy.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

Aw, thanks Doc.

I have to do something. Personally speaking, I have hit a few bumps over the last two years and that has drained some of my creativity and I lost my funnybone somehwere along the way as well.

Think I have been trying too hard to get back to that place.

As a Doc you may be interested to know that one of those bumps involved a 3 story fall to a concrete pad head first.
Suffered lots of injuries and it's incredible that I'm still here.

Anyhow, I had to drop out of school for a while to heal up, AND, my cycling hobby went in the toilet. I raced mountain bikes for a number of years and had just taken a third place podium finish in two different series with an eye on winning the whole shabang the following season.

Those injuries I sustained killed any notion of that. On a more interesting note, I began to suffer some weird mood swings and depression. After a bit of research it occurred to me that I was suffering from PTSD. My symptons were dead on.

I never sought any help on that, just figured I could handle it myself. Plus, I downplayed it by telling myself that other people had far more serious problems than just breaking up a bunch of bones. However, the disorder or stress part came into play obviously because I could no longer participate in the things that kept me alive.

It also had a negative impact on a relationship that was already in troubled waters. That's another whole story there and one of the bumps that has made these last couple of years kinda rough.

Have been off the rails so to speak and having difficulty finding my way back on in a consistent way.

Watching BushCo. and his buddies totally fuck up this country has not helped. Maybe 'watching' is the problem eh?

I will take your advice and contact Shake's Sis.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Dr. C speaks!

Hey RJ, Sounds like you're doing a lot better. Don't sell yourself short, you write well and obviously think well. We've got to face it, if we don't win this one, nothing is going to be worth it. So, as we used to say back in the Crumb days, "keep on trucking." (its amazing how silly some things sound in the future)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home