Thursday, March 16, 2006

¡Bebé caliente!

Great news!

Hot peppers kill prostate cancer cells in study

"Capsaicin led 80 percent of human prostate cancer cells growing in mice to commit suicide in a process known as apoptosis, the researchers said. Prostate cancer tumors in mice fed capsaicin were about one-fifth the size of tumors in untreated mice, they reported in the journal Cancer Research."

Well, this will not increase the amount of peppers I eat, as I already eat enough for 3 people. The above photo is from dinner a couple nights ago, a pork stir fry with a ton of veggies. Every Thai dinner I make starts with garlic and Thai pepper, and lots of both. Not for the meek. (careful, clicking on the photo to enlarge it might induce indigestion, or drool...depending on your tastes)

In other news: the world is falling apart and I just can't blog about it right now.

I have a research paper due for class and my chosen topic is The Scopes Trial. Perhaps when that task has been completed, I'll be ripe for ranting and raving about the fracturing of our nation by the idiots that currently have the controls. ,

Labels: ,

2 Opinions:

Blogger oldwhitelady speaks!

Mmmmm. Good news about hot peppers. Those in the skillet look delicious! Work hard on your paper. Blogging comes later.

12:38 AM  
Blogger Dr. C speaks!

I agree, RJ. Looks yummy.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home