Monday, May 25, 2009

Fantasy Art

"Magnetic Storm" Roger Dean and Martyn Dean. Crappy photo due to the flash, but it is interesting the effect the flash has on the artwork itself. One could muse that the existence or absence of the flash 'creates' art as in a different perspective of the same subject.
Same shot without the flash. Click on both pics to see the differences.
"The Studi"
I took all of these photos in my 'cave' at night, so the lighting was terrible and the flash kept insisting on being a part of the process. With the flash turned off the result is a less than defined image. I had to run all of these through image software to make them as presentable as they are now. I had a long day and this was last thing to do on the list.
This book is where most of the art that follows came from.
"The Flights of Icarus"
Reminds me of a girl I used to date...
I wanted to live next to this guy. How cool would that be?
This one always made me think of certain Black Sabbath tune.
This one reminds me of star wars.
This is just a bunch of crabs. ,

Labels: , , , , , , ,

3 Opinions:

Blogger Dr. C speaks!

Interesting. I think the guy with the horns would have a little trouble getting in a Porsche coupe, but then...Maybe he is the prototype of the horney guy...Your comment about the flash raises the same question as the one about using photoshop. In fact, recently I have had an influx of colored drawings from kids. I have "enhanced" them by toggling up the contrast in photoshop (actually elements) that intensifies the colors. This is especially true when they draw rainbows. Am I invalidating the picture as art doing this?

11:42 AM  
Blogger Dr. C speaks!

RJ,
Visit Julie's blog for an interesting surprise:
http://unrealnature.wordpress.com/2009/05/31/amazing-coincidence/
DrC

8:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown speaks!

caraskal
monoray caraskal
istif makinesi
manuel istifleme makinası
manuel istif

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home