Monday, October 17, 2005

The Needle on the BS Meter is...

...spinning at the speed of light.

From the AP:
"New York Times reporter Judith Miller says she told a federal grand jury she could not recall where she heard name of the covert CIA officer whose cover was blown, even though she jotted it down in her notebook.
Miller wrote down "Valerie Flame."
"I told Mr. Fitzgerald, I simply could not recall where that
came from, when I wrote it or why the name was misspelled," Miller said in a first-person account for her newspaper published Sunday.
"I testified that I did not believe the name came from Mr. Libby, in part because the notation does not appear in the same part of my notebook as the interview notes from him," Miller wrote in the Times. "Mr. Fitzgerald asked if I could recall discussing
the Wilson-Plame connection with other sources. I said I had, though I could not recall any by name or when those conversations occurred."
Miller also wrote down Plame's name in her notes as "Victoria Wilson."
"I told Mr. Fitzgerald that I was not sure whether Mr. Libby had used this name or whether I just made a mistake in writing it on my own," Miller recalled. "Another possibility, I said, is that I gave Mr. Libby the wrong name on purpose to see whether he would correct me and confirm her identity.
"I also told the grand jury I thought it was odd that I had written `Wilson' because my memory is that I had heard her
referred to only as Plame. Mr. Fitzgerald asked whether this suggested that Mr. Libby had given me the name Wilson. I told him I didn't know and didn't want to guess."


Is it just me or does this bull smell so strong you can smell it through the monitor?

And, she's a reporter?.....,

3 Opinions:

Blogger Dr. C speaks!

You know, Reagan got away with this kind of malarkey because he was senile. This woman has a security clearance, for crying out loud. You would think they wouldn't give one to such an idiot. But, then, look who's doing the giving.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous speaks!

I remember "Police Academy 3" in which Steve Gutenberg and team return to the academy to help out the Commandant, and Gutenberg hits on a woman who informs him that she has a "finely tuned crap detector."

When I was 9 or something, I thought that was wildly funny.

6:41 PM  
Blogger oldwhitelady speaks!

I wondered what that smell was!

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home