Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Thai Pepper Bloggin'


Here are some of the Thai pep's that have been picked over the last couple of days.
Notice the nice little curly mutations going on up top, as well as the miniatures just below them. Could be due to the heat and lack of rain as I have been getting a few more mutations than usual, and in all of the produce I planted.



In another way more important arena:
I'm thinking it's time for a 60's style peace march on Washington, minus the wrecklessness.

Cindy Sheehan has become a catalyst of enormous proportions, and I believe the time is right to capitalize on her interaction with Bush, or rather the lack of interaction from Bush.

Her initial meeting with Bush after her son was killed so underscores what a complete moronic psuedo-religous callous frat boy Bush is and has always been.

Now more than ever the time is right for the American people to march on Washington and demand he step down.

This is the goverment of the people, by the people, and for the people and it's time to show that fucktard what democracy is truly about.

Is it possible to march onto Washington in massive numbers, carrying only American flags, quietly honoring our fallen servicemen, and asking Bush to leave the White House? I think so.


Think of how powerful the silence of a mass demonstration would be? The sheer magnitude of people, and the sheer magnitude of silent protest. Can we do it? Can we organize and put together such a powerful peaceful protest? I think we have to.

Currently,
59% disapprove of Bush's handling of the war. By the Republican's own standard, this is a HUGE mandate.

It's time for a democratic revolution.
,

11 Opinions:

Blogger not in use speaks!

"Is it possible to march onto Washington in massive numbers, carrying only American flags, quietly honoring our fallen servicemen, and asking Bush to leave the White House? I think so."

Didn't they do that with Nixon?

Nixon even had the decency to go out out there and talk to them, by himself ... I bet Bush doesn't have balls like that.

Actually that is a silly statement; I bet Bush doesn't even have balls.

2:36 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

Paul,

I hear what you're saying. That's why I think it should be just what I propose and nothing more.

Thanks for chiming in and pushing the idea.

2:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous speaks!

What a great idea! A silent march reinforces Cindy Sheehan's dignity and the fact that she is performing a daring act of civil disobedience.
However, in my left-coast city, I would have to pound on the vegans for a while to get them to shut up. Paul, I'm with you. I usually snarl at those who show up at protests but who forget so easily what the protest is about. There's always one really hairy naked guy ruining it for the rest of us!

3:20 PM  
Blogger not in use speaks!

LOL .. what a vision.

The silent thing sounds great.

3:32 PM  
Blogger Redjalapeno speaks!

I think we can do this.
I think we should do this and we have to do this. This is our country we are talking about, and the future of it.

We have to do this.

3:49 PM  
Blogger Dr. C speaks!

RJ, It is a good idea. Was a good idea in the 60's and no matter what you heard, it helped in moving the country out of Vietnam. It was a good idea in the 80's when we marched against El Salvador (I'll publish some photos on my blog). I missed the big Pentagon march in 1969 because my damn TR250 broke down in Ohio. Damn. Was even a good idea in 1988 when we had a silent vigil on Aug 5th for "you know what."

However, I might take issue with your desire for single issue marches. Hey, let everyone come, its a big tent. I do think Sheehan is serving as a focus. However, look how the Bushiacs were able to defuse the Downing Street Memo and even Rovegate. Its a constant battle. (Read Saturday by McEwan; it now is laden with irony.)

As someone here in comments said, there is a big march planned for September. I think the 23rd, but could be wrong.

3:51 PM  
Blogger it's the hippy undertones speaks!

i'm just a random blog surfer, but i looked up sept. 23rd, looks like that has to do with the world bank, IMF and CAFTA... not really on the same lines as what you were thinking. if ya pick another date or join with the fair trade peeps, count me in, i'm already searching for airfare... i always wanted to visit washington...

4:32 PM  
Blogger oldwhitelady speaks!

A silent march would be cool. It really depends on when.. for me. I will keep an eye and ear open.

7:44 PM  
Blogger True Blue Liberal speaks!

Here's the link for the big March in Washington on September 24. It's organized by United for Peace and Justice, the group that organized the big 2/15/03 and 3/22(?)/03 marches and rallies in New York City right before and right after the Iraq war started, both of which were well worth participating in.

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous speaks!

I love peppers and hate Bush. Great minds and all that, huh?

For your march to actually work, I'm afraid you would have to march a million strong through the front door of the White House and take Bush out and hang him. He doesn't give a damn what anybody thinks outside his little bubble.

2:59 AM  
Blogger sandy speaks!

I would favor a silent march if you add getting Kennedy out of office along with some of the Liberal judges on the supreme court.
As for Cindy Sheehan, would we expect Bush to meet one on one with all the parents, wives and children of our fallen Soldiers? I think not. Agree or disagree with the war in Iraq but it would dis-honor those whom have given their lives to just pack up and leave.
It would be better to quit being so PC and go in there with all the force we need to end this war quickly.

11:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home